PERHENTIAN ISLAND - UNDERWATER MAPPING 3D2N PROJECT
Let us all join together in the Perhentian Islands and help the Perhentian Marine Research Station (PMRS). This program is in collaboration with Fuze Ecoteer, and is suitable for divers and non-divers but you should be able to swim and keen on helping the islands. This program is a different type of experience. This is a program where you learn new things and give back to the destination you visit. This is the FUTURE of TOURISM
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to “Help map the UNDERWATER WORLD at Teluk Keke, Perhentian Island” so we can protect it. This is the area that the Perhentian Marine Research Station have been allocated to protect by the marine parks management. If you join this programme you will be part of the solution to protect the reefs under this new Reef Care Programme. To begin the program you will first be taught about coral reef ecology and substrate types and then you will be able to snorkel or dive mapping out the reef and locate where the different types of substrate are, be them healthy or less healthy corals. This map will enable PMRS to then decide if reef restoration is needed and where.
You will also join in clean ups above and below the surface. Additionally, you will be based in the village. You will have a Malay Dinner, imagine, balik kampong to a Malay village for hari raya adilifitri – wear a sarong, eat with your hands with a lovely host family. The second night we will have a BBQ Dinner near the beach and most likely head out to long beach for a fire show or two.
We hope this kind of PROGRAM will shape the future of tourism, being more ethical and contributing towards protecting the environments you visit and enjoy. Beyond the programme we hope you will keep spreading the awareness so that our world will be a little bit healthier.
Around Teluk Keke - Perhentian Island
2nd - 4th April 2021
Diver - RM990 per pax | Snorkeller - RM690 per pax
What will you get in this program
- 4 dives or 2 Snorkel session
- Learn about the marine ecosystem and how to map them
- Malay dinner with local villagers
- Beach and Underwater clean ups
- Precious Plastic Dive Slate – Made from Ocean plastic originating from
the Perhentian Islands.
- PV String Bag
- Return boat transfer from Besut to Perhentian Island
- 2 Nights Triple share accomodation with AC (shared with participants)
- Divers only – 4 Dives including Equipments
- Snorkellers only – 2 Snorkel session including Equipments
- Coral Reef Ecology and Mapping Lesson
- Meals (2B3L2D inclusive BBQ)
- All other gears needed to conduct the program
- Transport to Kuala Besut